Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Zion Canyon

I decided to take the afternoon and drive up to Zion to take a short hike today. I decided to take a trail that I had never hiked before that follows the stream that runs along the bottom of the canyon below the tunnel. It really isnt much of a trail. I think that most of the traffic along it is the mule deer that live here. There is a large bridge constructed of sandstone that is amazing. As I was hiking and stopping to take pictures I surprised several times to have deer come out of the trees and come right up to me. Its something that still amazes me that the deer here have become so acustom to people that they will walk within reach of you. That makes for some great photo ops! There is still a lot of spring runoff coming down through the canyon due to our severe winter in the upper mountains. I followed the trail up about a mile but could not go any farther due to the stream running so high. I was able to get some great shots.
 Theres nothing like a good hike in this beautiful country to blow off some steam and clear your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment