Sunday, April 10, 2011

Grafton ghost town

I went out to one of my favorite spots today. It is a small ghost town called Grafton. There are several homes still standing and a sandstone schoolhouse that has been redone by a local preservation group. There is a small cemetary and it is very interesting to read the headstones of the people who are burried there. Some were killed by indians, some by floods.  It is a beautiful setting with its green pastures with the sandstone cliffs of Zion Canyon as a backdrop. I never get tired of photographing this place as I always find something new or different conditions to photograph the things that I have allready photographed in the past. As time goes on you will probably see many posts about this place because of my love of it.
 If you have ever seen the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid then you have seen Grafton. The bicycle seen was filmed here and still looks much like it did in the movie with the exception that the home they were in for the movie is no longer standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment