Saturday, December 3, 2011

Back In The Saddle

I got my boot off yesterday! Finally! I can hike again. I had been out doing short hikes and taking pictures but its been torture. If your a photographer you know what I mean. To stand there taking pictures and looking down a trail where you know there is better shots. Its like starving and watching someone eat! I took my first hike with my son Stevie down the trail along the narrows in Zion Canyon. It was a cold windy day but it still felt great to get out. With the wind blowing through the canyon there wasnt any people who wanted to venture to far into the canyon. We hiked a mile in to the point where we would have to go from the trail into the river. It was 30 degrees without the windchill so when I asked Stevie if he wanted to hike up the river he looked at me like I had a third eye sprouting from my head!
We turned around and started hiking back. By the time we made it back to the truck I was glad we hadnt gone any farther. My foot was starting to sing out to me to let me know it was not happy! On the way out of the canyon we stopped to watch some of the mule deer laying out in the sun. It was a great day to be out and now I can slowly get my foot back into shape before spring. Im looking forward to some great long hikes and lots of photo ops!

No comments:

Post a Comment